Top Trends in Microservices Allowing SMBs to Expand
When Microservice (MS) emerged and started replacing monolithic architectures, it gained immense popularity as it provided benefits like independence, isolation, scalability etc. to developers. Migration towards Microservice is a decision that needs to be made at the right time and for valid reasons. It depends on functionality & especially large businesses should focus as microservices architecture requires lots of initial cost, heavy modular changes, larger IT team, collaboration with partners & stakeholders.
The popularity of microservice architecture has promoted the development of the market, because the microservice architecture has enhanced the division of applications into smaller components. The implementation of the mentioned components will not affect most of the code base in the end. The emerging Trends in Microservice in 2021 has led more companies to migrate towards it.
Why are Microservices a Rage?
For large scale services Microservices provide improved productivity, scalability, and faster product development. It reduces costs and time to market, shortens the release cycle and promotes innovation. With emergence of New Trends in Microservices, the prominent advantages exploited by businesses are:
1. Improved Fault Tolerance: Since different MS run autonomously they are less likely to be under cascade faults and breakdowns; and complete systems can be prevented from shut down.
2. Fast Delivery: Having isolated Microservices for different services allows for faster development inside Microservice and upgrades without disturbing another Microservice. MS is based on CI-CD support where you can quickly deliver core Microservice.
3. Technology Agnostic: MS can be programmed in different languages. This provides great flexibility in using programming languages and technologies that best suit the needs of the project and the skills of the team. Teams can choose different technologies to implement their services. This is especially useful when introducing new technologies.
Why Must Businesses Go for Microservices?
Businesses must give a thought before integrating Microservice. They must choose MS if:
- The monolithic arch of your business has become very large.
- Your business is larger in terms of customer size and you have complex software architecture.
- If you have a larger efficient team of developers then it’s a benefit.
- It’s a service based business where your core service needs to be highly efficient.
- Your business demands agile delivery and innovation.
Top Trends in Microservices to Revamp Businesses
1. Kubernetes: It is an open source platform portable system or container-as-a-service platform that manages containerized services to include automating application deployment, scaling, and management.
2. Serverless Architecture: Serverless is one way to host microservice and has been gaining popularity because it allows focus on business, and not on management of technology.
3. Artificial Intelligence Operations or AIOps: AIOps or Artificial Intelligence Operations is applied to solve complex system failure issues by automating the process of identifying security breach and its correction by utilizing data and patterns. It is becoming increasingly essential.
Future of Microservice
According to the reports published by O’Reilly most of its respondents accepted that it was an absolute success and software companies are the top players in accepting microservice. Globally 86% of developers accept that it can become default architecture in the next five to six years.
Some facts about microservices are overlooked like its size, where architecture is not usually small, rather complexity increases with the size of the application you build. Trends in Microservices will continue to grow but it is important for the long-term sustainability and success that the challenges should be understood before migrating towards Microservice.
To know more about the top trends in Microservices in 2021, read more.